We now have a members only forum instead of the listserv.
If you would like to become a member please send us an email.
to email us.
Nancy Dearing Rossbacher of North South Trader's Civil War
- SITE INDEX
to see CIVILWARCOLLECT FAQ's (Frequently Asked
We ask that all members review the FAQ's for a better understanding of CIVILWARCOLLECT procedures and policies.
CIVILWARCOLLECT is a free subscription-only listserv that provides an e-mail based format in which members can exchange information of interest to Civil War collectors. It is intended to be of material assistance to those seeking to broaden their knowledge and their base of contacts in this intricate and fascinating field of collecting. Whether you're buying, selling, seeking, or researching, CIVILWARCOLLECT can provide a format for the exchange of artifacts, ideas, opinions, and experiences.
Appropriate topics on CIVILWARCOLLECT can include but are not limited to:
1. artifact identification,
2. queries and responses about makers and marks,
3. observations about the collecting process,
4. ISO's (in search of) for items, individuals, and research material,
5. FS's (for sale) for Civil War-related items, and
6. fake and reproduction alerts.
1. All posts must be on topic --- that is, strictly related to Civil War collecting and collectibles. OT (off topic) posts do not belong on CIVILWARCOLLECT. Those desiring to chat or go OT are invited to use our associated Members Only Forum. Due to a recent influx of OT posts to the list, we have had to incorporate a "3 Strike Rule," both for the original poster and for anyone who responds to an OT post. Anyone posting to the list more than three items in violation of the rules is subject to expulsion from the list.
2. Absolutely no attachments of any kind are to be sent to the list. If you want to give the members access to an image, you are welcome to post it's URL or send the image privately to those members who specifically request it. If you do not have a web site or web space, members are allowed to upload their photos to our "photo" directory.
3. All posts to the list should have CW in the subject line. The need for this is explained in our FAQ's under "Why do I have to put CW in the subject line?"
4. The listserv is not to be used as a personal sales catalogue. CIVILWARCOLLECT is pleased to be a format in which seller and buyer can make contact, and members are invited to post about items they are selling or seeking. However, we ask that members avoid long and repeated For Sale listings.
5. No objectionable material is to be posted or uploaded, including but not limited to profanity, prurient material, name calling, or infighting. CIVILWARCOLLECT posts should be clean, kind, upbeat, and helpful. We're all here to share information in an atmosphere of trust and common interests.
For more information and helpful tips on how to get the most out of CIVILWARCOLLECT, please read the FAQ's.
A note about policing the posts
CIVILWARCOLLECT is self-policing insofar as all members are expected to keep their posts on-topic and of a reasonable nature. Anyone not adhering to
the rules is subject to removal from the list. We are donating our time and effort to this cause, and any abuses will not be tolerated. We want all to have an
opportunity to learn, teach, inherit --- and most of all, HAVE FUN! (Isn't that why we collect in the first place?)
We hope that you will enjoy this exciting new opportunity to expand our horizons in the field of Civil War collecting. We hope it opens doors to opportunity and minds to possibilities.
The above "Member, CIVILWARCOLLECT" gif logo is provided for members' use. Some of you may want to add it to your websites or auctions.
This in no way implies that CIVILWARCOLLECT guarantees the goods and services of its members. It does not, and it will be held harmless from any and all disputes
regarding such. What it does say is that the individual is a member in good standing with the online listserve CIVILWARCOLLECT, who we hope will maintain the highest
standards of fair business practices.
CIVILWARCOLLECT is not a policing agency; it is a resource for the exchange of Civil War-related information, services, and goods.
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
1. To subscribe to our list, please send us an email requesting subscription. We will add you to the list as soon as possible. SPAMMERS will not be added to the list so don't bother sending us a request to join! to email us.
HOW TO POST
You can post directly from your email program by addressing the email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to our FAQ's for an even easier way to do it. Note: You cannot post to this list unless you have subscribed to it first. Remember, when you post to the list, every subscriber on the list will receive an email containing your post. You may also post by clicking on the "Post" button below.
HOW TO UNSUBSCRIBE
GOT A PROBLEM?
CIVILWARCOLLECT Members' Site Links
Our members can also add their own site link/s on our "CIVILWARCOLLECT Members' Site Links" page. These link listings are for members' pages only, but nonmembers are able to access them. We would appreciate a reciprocal link to our introduction page on your site.